Wednesday, November 16, 2011

:: Visit From Seattle ::

Two weekends ago, my Seattle gals came to visit. I was so happy to finally be able to show them my new home and my life here. The girls arrived late Thursday night and we stayed up way too late on Thursday night chatting - just like old times! On Friday we had a long breakfast at Sola cafe and then I took them on a little driving tour of Bozeman. We met Nick for lunch at Spectators and then hit up Canyon River spa for a relaxig spa afternoon. Next up was appetizers and drinks at Plonk and on to Ale Works for a late dinner. The girls were very excited to wake up to snow on Saturday, where it continued to snow all day and evening. On Saturday we walked downtown and did a little shopping, stopped by the Cannery for a drink and to watch the game, then headed home to make dinner, exchange our favorite things and watch Love Actually. Sunday was spent being lazy with a little Target shopping added in. It was the perfect weekend! Thanks for the pictures Nicole!!


November2011a (1)


November2011a (2)


November2011a (3)
Whoa eyes!


November2011a (32)
Welcome snow! We are so excited to have you here for the next 7 or so months!!


November2011a (8)


November2011a (10)


November2011a (9)


November2011a (12)
Nicole and I trying on Nicki's red lipstick. I love it and need to get some for myself.


November2011a (13)


FAVORITE THINGS
November2011a (17)
Cooking dinner. We made a delicious dinner - all recipes from Barefoot Contessa's Back to Basics cookbook plus a pumpkin bread pudding from epicurious - yum!


November2011a (14)


November2011a (16)


November2011a (15)

November2011a (27)
The table was all set for our Favorite Things Dinner.


November2011a (26)
Kelly - hooded scarves!


November2011a (20)
Nicki - light, cozy blankets from West Elm!


November2011a (28)
Me - White Balsamic Glaze and Ginger Sea Salt


November2011a (19)
Andrea - Raincoast Crisps and Aged Vermont Goat Cheese - seriously delicious. The cheese was stinky, but oh so good.

Not pictured - Nicole gave us wine aerators!

My baby girls were on good behavior for our guests. . . .
November2011a (5)

November2011a (31)
Our guests got to witness my girls wrestling over the iPhone. Taylor may be smaller than Maddy, but she sure knows how to hold her own!

4 comments:

Flutter said...

Hi Jenny! My NY girlfriends and I do a girls christmas every year and this year me and another gal are in charge of planning it, and we're doing a favorite things gift exchange! I totally got the idea from you and your friends! I think it's the greatest gift exchange idea ever - THANK YOU!!! The snow looks beautiful by the way - I can't wait for it to fall here!

Emily+Anthony said...

Sorry! The comment above is from me! I was signed into my other blog :)

Brady Andrew Weedin said...

Loved seeing those gals!!! What a great weekend for you guys to be together-I'm so glad I got to be a part of it too!

Brie said...

That sounds like such a wonderful girls weekend!