Maddy - 2.5 Years
A few of the things Maddy is doing at 2.5 years. . .
- She is potty trained - yay! She loves to wear her princess underwear. At daycare they like to put her in pull-ups for nap time and she fights them because she wants to keep her big girl princess undies on.
- She has a better memory than Nick or I. She remembers everything!
- She is stubborn (wonder who she gets that from???)
- She talks up a storm in front of Nick and I, but is very shy in front of others.
- She is a die hard Bobcat fan (see picture below of a tense moment at a basketball game.) She can't wait to go to games, always wants to wear her bobcat gear and cries when Nick leaves the house because she thinks he is going to a Bobcat game without her.

- She is very creative at getting what she wants. For example, it was time to go to bed tonight and she of course did not want to go; so, she tells her Dad that she wants to watch basketball with him. Smart little girl, as I am sure it melted her Dad's heart that she wants to watch basketball and bought her another 20 minutes before bed time.
- She LOVES donuts . .

- She really enjoys her daycare and always talks about how silly her friends at daycare are.
- She uses the word "silly" all the time and it makes me laugh. Everything and everybody are silly.
- She gives the best kisses.
- She is obsessed with T-Rex and wants to go to the museum every day.
- She is great at singing her ABCs.
- She can count to 17 really well, but gets stuck on 18.
- She randomly will tell Nick or me that she loves us - melts our hearts.
- She can throw tantrums unlike anybody I have ever seen. When we put her in time out, she many times tries to open the front door and tells me that she is going to Greta's house (her good friend that lives down the street.) Sometimes I kinda wish she could just walk down there on her own :-)
- She still calls Taylor, Tay Tay and is playing more and more with her. She loves to try to carry her around the room.
- She loves to read books. Everytime it gets quiet in her room and I think she has gotten into trouble, I find her reading by herself.
- She is such a joy and blessing. We love her to pieces.
Taylor - 8 Months
A few things Taylor is doing at 8 months. . .
- She is still a ball of love - weighing in at 21 pounds.
- She got a clean bill of health from the doctor last week when we went in for her ear checkup. That is GREAT news, as we can most likely wait until next winter to get tubes puts in her ears (fingers crossed!)
- No teeth yet, but she still loves to bite and chew everything in site.
- She loves to pull hair.
- She HATES vegetables.
- She LOVES fruit. Bananas are her favorite.
- She is drinking out of a sippy cup at meal times.
- She is a rockstar when it comes to sleeping.
- She knows to smile when I bring out the camera.

- She is army crawling up a storm. Tonight she made it across the family room and under our kitchen table in about 30 seconds.
- She loves to krinkle up her nose.

- She also gives great kisses - she will grab my cheeks, pull me towards her, latch on to my lips and suck.
- She really likes to play peek-a-boo with me.
- She loves water. We can't wait to get her in the pool.
- All the kids at daycare call her Tay Tay.
- She can't get enough snacks. Many times at night, we will sit her in the high chair with some Puffs and she will grab two handfulls of them and shove them in her mouth.
- She is no longer in the infant car seat and now sits in a big car seat that matches Maddy's.
- Her cheeks are always red and rosey.
- She still adores her big sister and loves to watch her; although, she gets a very confused look on her face when Maddy is throwing a tantrum.
- She is a very calm and laid back baby.
- She can stand on her own if she is holding on to something.
- We love her and are so thankful every day.
Cheers to our two and a half year old and eight month old! Life is good.
Now get ready for some March Madness!!
6 comments:
Okay Jenny, I must check a couple of times a day to see if you have upated your blog because I miss you and your family so much. Thanks for the update about the girls as I love knowing what is going on with them and with the two of you. They're beauties and we are all blessed to
count them and the whole Johnson family as part of our clan.
Love you all so much,
Aunt Kathy
I LOVE this update! I've been wondering where you guys have been--maybe buried in snow?? :) So glad both girls are doing well. They are absolutely adorable and I love all of the milestones. Such great ages they are both at. Can't wait to see you at RJR's baby shower!!
Glad you are back to blogging and can't wait to see you guys soon!! I can't believe how much the girls have grown since you moved.
Yur girls are gorgeous!! They've grown so much. I love how Miss Maddy is Nick's little sports buddy. I don't think she had an option in becoming a Bobcat fan, right? She was kind of born into it ;) Can't wait to see you in ONE WEEK!!
The girls are so cute!!!
Oh my these are great updates!!! Miss you guys & ready to catch up when you get back!!
Post a Comment