Tuesday, November 9, 2010

:: 123 Days ::

Our baby girl is four months (or 123 days) old today. I can’t believe how much Taylor has already done in four months. Maddy’s four-month birthday marked the end of my maternity leave, which was full of lazy days at home - such a different story with Taylor. I went back to work when she was 10 weeks old, she moved from Redmond to Bozeman at 6 weeks, took her first plane ride at 6 weeks, went on her first road trip at 16 weeks, has been to 5 tailgates parties, been hospitalized for meningitis, had the stomach flu and 2 other colds, stolen her Daddy’s heart, been out to dinner more times than I can count and experienced the love of a protective older sister. Maddy is very protective of her. If somebody that Maddy does not know comes up and tries to talk to Taylor or hold her, Maddy will yell, “No. No. No. No. No. No. No.” while pointing her finger at them to get away. It’s pretty cute how much she loves and adores her little sister. When Taylor cries, she immediately speaks up and says, “It’s okay Tay Tay.” I can’t wait to watch the sisterly love grow.

Some things that Taylor is up to at four-months:
- Rolling. Rolling. Rolling. This girl will not sit still. She now rolls from her back to her tummy and then back to her back and just continues on rolling across the floor. It has made changing her diaper a bit difficult at times.
- Sleeping: She is not good at it. She used to be a rock star, but I do not know what happened. For the past several weeks, she has been waking up during the night. She is not hungry and does not stay awake. She just wants to snuggle with me. Ultimately, she ends up in our bed around 3:00 in the morning. Thankfully I am not up for more than 5 minutes, so it’s not affecting me, but I would still like to see her get back to sleeping through the night.
- Taylor is an eater. She continues to develop more rolls and is developing quite the little butt. We go in on Thursday for her four-month check-up and I can’t wait to see the stats.
- Screamer: She has been chattering for awhile, but within the last week or so, Taylor has discovered the power of her lungs and loves to scream. She thinks it’s pretty funny when she screams, so she has a permanent grin or her face while exercising her lungs.
- Belly Laughs: I love her belly laughs. I can get this girl belly laughing within minutes and it just brightens my day.
- Cries: They don’t exist. She rarely cries. So, when she does cry every once in a while, I can’t help but smile because it’s so cute.
- Size 3 diapers – she’s movin’ on up in size!
- Curious: She is very curious about everything. She watches and studies what is going on around her and takes it all in.
- She thinks Maddy might be the coolest kid ever. She loves to watch what Maddy is doing and never takes her eyes off of her.
- Calm: Taylor is such a calm baby that sometimes I forget she is around.

We love you baby girl and are so thankful for the joy that you bring to our lives every day. Below are a couple pictures of Taylor laying in our bed tonight right after her bath.


IMG_4423




IMG_4428




IMG_4429

4 comments:

Shelton Addition said...

She's too cute!

Megan, Ryan, Addi & Brady said...

She is so sweet! I can't believe how quickly she is growing--it really does go by way too fast! Happy 123 days Tay Tay!

Erin said...

Those big blue eyes melt my heart!! Happy 4 month birthday Miss Taylor. I'm sad that I don't know when I'll see your girls next...I miss them and you.

Grainger and Jones said...

What a beautiful Taylor and I love that Maddy is such a protective and loving big sis. Can't wait to see them, but wonder when that might be???? Love you all so much,
Aunt K