Friday, October 9, 2009

:: Puyallup Fair ::

We took Madeline to the Puyallup Fair for the first time a few weekends ago. I have been going to the Fair every year since I was 4 years old. There is something about it that I love. . .I don't know if it's the food, the people watching (seriously doesn't get any better than the Fair), the animals or the amount of junk that is at the fair, but something about it is fun/interesting to me! So, here are pictures of Madeline's first trip. . . . .


Maddy checking out the junk.
-
-
The Puyallup Fair Mascot saying hello to Maddy. She loved the Pig. . .I am glad she does not have the same fear of mascots that I do. Keep them away from me! (P.S. Does a fair really need it's own mascot???)
-
-
Madeline with her Pop Pop waiting for Pop Pop's favorite fair burgers.
-
-

Trying the burger. . . .grilled onions and extra mustard!
-
-

Nick and Maddy getting ready to go check out some animals.
-
-

Maddy trying to touch the horses. . .apparently she couldn't read the sign right in front of her that read "Do Not Touch the Animals!". . oops!
-
-

She loved this horse and kept patting it. . . .to bad it's a fake, plastic horse!
-
-
She is starting to realize here that it is a fake horse :-(
-
-

We took her to the petting zoo. I swore I would never take my kids to a petting zoo. I used to think they were so gross, but as soon as I saw it, I had to take Maddy in and she LOVED it! Here she is petting the bunny. I was surprised at how good she was at petting.
-
-

Trying to grab the goats tail.
-
-
We had a little talk about how we don't grab a goat's tail and here she is showing me how to nicely pet the goat after our little talk.
-
-
My favorite part of the fair. . .the baby pigs!! Maddy didn't really know what to think of them.
-
-
After a long day at the Fair, Maddy sat down and enjoyed the foot massage chair. . .except her feet didn't reach the massager.
-
-
So, we stood her up so she could enjoy it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you are continuing the Berkeihiser family tradition of going to the Puyallup Fair every year. I have many special memories of times spent there with the family. It will be fun to watch you both create your own memories now with Maddy!

Erin said...

No, fairs do not need mascots - not necessary.
So funny that she was so easily impressed by the plastic horse - ha!
I didn't make it to the fair this year, but I would have to say my favorite party (by far) is the people watching AND the food :)

Brady Andrew Weedin said...

These are so cute, Jenny!! Your comments are hilarious! al