Thursday, March 5, 2009

:: Maui ::

Our trip to Maui was wonderful!! The wedding was absolutely gorgeous and so much fun. Madeline did get sick for the first time though. The night of the wedding she spiked a fever and developed a horrible cough, so we ended up in the Urgent Care. We felt terrible, but she was such a trooper. She was hardly fussy and just wanted to snuggle the entire time she was sick. Maddy is feeling much better now, but still has a little cough left over.

Maddy enjoying hanging out in the big hotel bed.

--
--

Playing in the hotel kiddy pool. It had sand in the bottom, so she got her first sand experience. She loved the feel of the sand in her hands and of course wanted to eat it.

--
--

Dad and Maddy at the Wedding Welcome BBQ.

--
--

Addi and Maddy at the Welcome BBQ. Addi was so dang cute with Maddy. She tried sharing her toys with Maddy and even tried to help feed Maddy her bottle!

--
--

Maddy hanging with Mass and Brie at the BBQ.

--
--

The BEAUTIFUL bride on her wedding day. Unfortunately this is the only picture I have from the wedding day. I used my video camera for the rest of the day and grabbed lots of great videos of the wedding. I can't even begin to explain how gorgeous the wedding was. The wedding and reception took place right on the ocean. There was not a cloud in the sky, the whales were jumping in the ocean during the ceremony and the sunset was amazing. Congrats to Erin and Steve!!

--
--
Mom and Maddy checking out the sunset.
--
--Family photo during the sunset (taken by Dad).
--
--Maddy enjoying her first sunset meal (Dad feeding her a bottle).
--
--
Maddy snuggling with Mom at Big Beach. She was still feeling pretty under the weather this day and just wanted to snuggle with Mom.
--
--
Feeling a little better and excited to try out her new pool toy. She loved the pool.
--
--
Lounging on her own pool chair.
--
-- Ready to crawl!!
-
--
Just a cute photo of Maddy on our last day in Maui looking out at the ocean.
--
--

At the airport ready to head home. She was an angel on the plane rides and did not make one peep the entire time. We were so so so thankful for this.

We had such a wonderful time in Maui and were so lucky we were able to bring Maddy with us. We can't wait to go back!!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I love everything about this baby girl - especially the smile that never leaves her face. Thank you Johnsons for being a part of our special day. I'm sad that Maddy's first fever had to happen on our wedding day, but I'm so happy that everything turned out to be ok.

Megan, Ryan, Addi & Brady said...

Great photos, but I am so sad to hear that Maddy got so sick! She was so good, you would've never known she wasn't feeling well! We have to get the girls together again...they were soooo cute!

Shelby said...

These are such great photos. Sorry to hear Maddy was a little under the weather but looks like you guys had a great time anyway!

Blyth Family Blog said...

I hope you guys are all feeling better!! Galen and I got sick when we got home and gave it to Ava, it's been a fun week let me tell ya! It was so fun seeing you guys in Hawaii, your little girl is so precious!! I'll be spying on your blog now so keep the photos coming!!