Saturday, January 10, 2009

:: 4 Month Check-Up ::

Madeline had her four month check-up on Thursday. She is still a healthy baby girl! She weighed in at 13 pounds, 9 ounces (50th percentile) and measured in at 25.75 inches (92nd percentile). She received more shots on Thursday and was such a little trooper.

Her favorite part of the doctor's office was the tissue paper on the exam table, as well as the mirror alongside the table. As soon as she would lay down on the paper, she would kick her legs to move the paper and listen to it crinkle. Once she got bored with that, she would look at herself in the mirror and roll over onto her tummy, at which point she would try to eat the tissue paper :-). Below are a few pictures of her in the mirror (sorry there are so many - I couldn't decide which were my favorite to post.)


Checking herself out in the mirror and grabbing on to that tissue paper.

--
--

Looking at Mom for a picture.

--
--

Noticing that Mom can also be seen in the mirror.

--
--

Checking out the cute baby in the mirror.

--
--

Still checking herself out.

--
--
Reaching out for herself and starting to move herself so she could look directly into the mirror. She loves to move herself in circles while she lays on her tummy.
--
--

Still rotating her body more towards the mirror.

I went back to work this week, so there probably won't be as many posts to the blog any more. Going back to work was much harder than I thought it would be. Many tears were shed, but it does get easier with each day. Thankfully Maddy doesn't seem to be too affected by it and loves her new nanny (Pop Pop). The days go by so quickly and I am exhausted from my new schedule (no more sleeping in like I did in maternity leave!). I'm sure in a few weeks my body will adjust to this new schedule, but for now, I am taking the weekends to unwind and relax!

3 comments:

Brady Andrew Weedin said...

Maddy is such a pretty little girl! I'm glad your first week went well! al

Erin said...

I love these photos and so happy to hear that baby Maddy is nice and healthy :)

Anonymous said...

So cute! Glad to hear the check-up went well and that going to work is getting easier :).