Wednesday, December 24, 2008

:: A White Christmas! ::

It's been snowing like crazy here in the Seattle area!! The snow started last Wed/Thurs and has continued to fall. It is snowing again as I type this. Over the course of the past week we have received about 18 inches of snow here in Redmond. We went downtown on Sunday for the Seahawks game and there was so much snow downtown - it rarely snows enough to ever stick downtown. I had never seen so much snow on the roads in downtown Seattle! Some of the hills were closed to traffic.

I love the snow and how pretty is makes everything look. However, there is a huge downside to snow in the Seattle area - - - we have a serious lack of equipment to take care of the roads. Lack of snow removal equipment combined with so many hills and drivers that aren't used to driving in the snow creates very treacherous driving conditions. Thankfully, my husband grew up in Montana and has been driving in snow for most of his life, so he is able to navigate these roads for us and get us to where we need to go. . .thanks Nick!

So, it looks like we will have a 'White Christmas' ! I think this is the first time since 1990. Yay!


Picture of the snow looking out the back of our townhome.



Picture looking out the front.

No comments: