Meet the newest addition to the Johnson family, Madeline Kay Johnson. She was born September 6, 2008, weighing 7lbs 10oz and 21.25 inches long. She had a tough fight entering this world but she is "perfect"
The new Johnson family of 3 - minutes after Madeline's entrance into the world.
I think it was a long day for all the family members that were eagerly awaiting any sort of update on how things were going.
Mother and daughter reunited!
Kelly and Nicole are long time childhood friends of Jenny. They may not know this yet, but behind family members they are next in line on the babysitting list.
* Please note, as well as a first time father, I am also a first time blogger. So please excuse me if there are mistakes and nothing really that clever written. I am writing this as Jenny gets her first real sleep in over 40 hours (I caught a good solid 3 hours last night and feel fresh). I am convinced that all those 24 and 48 hour stretch runs in Vegas were good training for this. Jenny and Madeline have been amazing! They are both much tougher than I will ever be. It has been an experience I will never forget. We have had great care here, but with all the medicine and tests and pain they have been through, not to mention that feeding thing, sleep has been very limited. I guess it is good practice for what is to come. Anyway, Mom and baby are doing great. We are hoping to be out of the hospital tomorrow (Tuesday) sometime. Jenny got her IV taken out today and I think it feels nice for her not to be hooked up to beeping machines. Maddy still has an IV in her little foot but has hopefully taken her last medicine. Maddy is pretty laid back and not a lot bothers her, she has been poked and prodded a lot and it doesn't seem to bother her too much. The only thing that really has made her really mad was when her Dad wasn't doing his job on the diaper change. Not sure she has forgiven me yet. Like I said, I am new at this.
I just want to say thanks to everyone that has been thinking about us! We really appreciate everyone that has called us, texted us, and visited us. I apologize for not getting back to very many people and my phone is now out of juice, I am sure that is a real surprise to some of you.
I cannot wait for everyone to meet our new daughter. I am also really looking forward to Thursday when Madeline will meet Papa Joe and Nana Terry. She will get to meet Uncle Andy, Auntie Roz, Uncle Billy, and Auntie Jacque as they will be traveling in to see her at the end of the month.
Well, looks like it is time for another diaper change . . . back to diaper duty.
P.S This is the most I have written since college.
P.S.S Fatherhood has already changed me, for example, it is late Monday night and I do not know how my beloved Bobcats did against Kansas State, I am guessing not very well with no mention of it. Also I have no idea how I fared this weekend in Fantasy Football.
9 comments:
You guys - she is perfect! how adorable (she must have gotten your looks Jenny :)
I can't wait to meet that little darling - unbelieveable to see you guys with a baby, but so fitting at the same time. I love you guys and your little one too!
Congratulations...Madeline is perfect! I am so happy to hear that Mom and baby are doing well...and Dad, you are doing an amazing job! You are a pro at this blogging thing :) I even teared up a bit! We can't wait to meet Ms. Maddy, so let us know when you are ready for a visit! Hugs to all!
Oh Jenny and Nick...she is SO gorgeous! Congratulations!
I can't wait to meet her...I just want to squeeze her!! Let me know when the dust has settled a bit and I will be on your doorstep in a heartbeat...(sans my little germ bug of course :)
I can't wait to meet her! She is beautiful!! I love you both and know you're going to raise an amazing little girl.
Congratulations on the arrival of adorable little Madeline! She is just precious! So glad the Johnson family is doing great, and I am so excited to see pictures of Miss Maddy grow, courtesy of The Johnson Adventures blog!
Jenny...I found your blog through Erin's and your darling baby girl was born on my b-day. The best day ever!!! She is so darling and glad to hear everyone is healthy and happy. The sleep will come. So fun to see Chris, your parents, Kelly and Nicole in the pictures. Tell everyone hello.
Jenny, I saw your blog and had to leave a note. Madeline is beautiful! Congratulations to you and your family. And Amy D. is right, the sleep will come. :) Enjoy it all because it does go by very fast. Happy to hear everyone is doing well.
Yeah Maddy - we love you! I hope you guys are getting at least a little rest but I'm sure you are having way too much fun with your little girl. See you soon!
xoxo
Nick & Jenny - Congratulations! Madeline is beautiful! We are glad to hear everyone is healthy and doing good now. We can't wait to meet Maddy in person, which will hopefully be soon. Thanks for keeping your blog up to date, we check it regularly. Tell Jenny she might lose her job as "blogger" b/c Nick seems to have a handle on it. It must be from reading bar stool sports regularly. We love you guys - Congratulations again. PS this just took us a half hour to do, we are not very good bloggers.
Post a Comment